Pages

Monday 10 February 2014

Thrashfest...Enough Said.


I am writing this in a jolly mood. I still can't believe I reached Thane 31 hours ago with the guys from Halahkuh (spelled it correctly after checking the page thrice). Going back to my jolly mood, I had a friend whose birthday was on same day and he came from Bangalore to meet someone and celebrate which includes my presence as he is staying with me. I ditched him in a city where he came for the seek of me by 50 percent for Thrashfest and we both left for Mumbai to spent the day in two different parts. Marine Drive and Thrashfest. I shouldn't have done that ? Share your thoughts. This wasn't in jolly mood I will tell later why am in jolly mood.

PRE GIG

We reached Thane in the afternoon 2 or 3 hours prior to the start of show timings. I met a person named The Abhimanyu at bus stop and we were quiet together all the time bouncing here and there. I am lucky to see all the bands chilling in the green room and how frank and how interactive they are. (CHILL ! I DIDN'T EVEN SAID HI TO ANYONE) I just watched them and extracted all I can learn from them with my power.

My nose was fucked up and it was screwed with my some personal problems but OLD MONK gave me some power and I was all okay. All credits to Akshay Bar. That place is a magical place and everyone in the green room were speaking about it. I am glad I spent some moments with there with some good people.

After hitting the brain with dose of OLD MONK we headed towards the venue. Collected the Chaos CD and THRASHFEST was on.

Systemhouse33 : This guys does know how to make people dance sorry mosh. Those crunchy riffs and groovy beats already embarked the start of epic Thrashfest. The crowd was packed and the head was in shuffling mood. Finally after a long journey I am in the Thrashfest, in the dance floor (OH YEAH) watching a band ripping off people's calories like fireworks. They wrapped up with some intense solo works and groovy sound.

Deadbolt - Armament : These Kolkata motherfuckers does know how to control the crowd. These two bands thrashed the place with their stuffs and the crowd forgot they are on dance floor but on the mosh floor. All I was hearing was THIS BAND IS TIGHT , whoever was coming at the bar to drink water. What i was doing at the bar ? I was standing and enjoying as the place was too dangerous to stand. I wasn't in a mood to mosh so :P (GANDU MALUM HAIN APUN DRINK AFFORD NAHI KAR PAYEGA)

Sceptre : I almost could have missed this legendary band. I was in green room sleeping/tired/exhausted when Dr.Hex came and was praising about  Sceptre to Bapi da (H....U) (I can't spell it sorry). Dr.Hex's praising means something was going down. I rushed to the venue and MINDFUCK. Enough said, catch them live and feel it. The performance details are not free.

Halahkuh (Ctrl +C / Ctrl +V) : Monstrous set. I always loved the way this guys perform and specially the vocals. Screaming to growling MINDFUCK ! The solos were mind licking and it was insane the crowd was begging for more all the time. The Sepultura cover fuck. This guys are getting 5 times better with each performance. And thanks to them for making this RIDE TO THANE plan. It was worth it.

Threinody (FUCK I SPELLED IT CORRECT) : My review is getting cocky, may be cause I am listening some shitty POP music in the background. This guys are legend. The energy they have produced on stage and the way it came to us and we all went crazy in the mosh, pits HATS OFF to them. I am lucky to catch them live. Thrashfest already got installed in my memory of best moments. You should catch them soon LIVE.

Dio feat Friedman (Albatross) : The energy HOLY SEX ! I was mesmerized with their insane set. Fuck the leads made me come all the time. The vocals and the bass lines almost hypnotized me. Honestly when they came to Pune, time issues kind of distracted me from them but this set was so epic, I am now more stoked to their live gigs. They are fucking scary in the another side of your brain. You will be SCARE to smile.

Chaos : They are really chaotic. So much energy, so much perfection; almost felt like they were headlining the gig. Amazing set, enjoyed the set and felt so satisfied that the journey was worth enough. ( I AM HUNGRY) . Loved the way they kept on playing one song after song, all I was hearing was OUR NEXT SONG. Amazing, what else to say, I never owned a dictiory so I have no words to explain.

FYBFYBL (Devoid) : Thod Phod. Enough Said.

The gig finally got over and I wasn't even crying someone whispered Don't Cry. Insane thanks to Kunal Choksi and his team. This gig will be in my memory for long time. I forgot to collect a pass :( I wanted to keep it as memory and sell it on ebay after 50 years (photocopied).

Back to Jolly mood, I cleared my Pro Tools 101 exam 3 hours back. (Actually I was accompanied by few asses as well who helped me) (Pass Mark 40 out 0f 50) So I am dedicating this to Thrashfest. Bye, let me finish my Chicken Steak and go home. Signing off from Balewadi. (7 PM)

Thanks for wasting your time reading my 10 star review. (Chal Nah, Main Accha likha nah ? Kiss de deyo)


ADD A CAPTION AND WIN A FREE KISS

No comments:

Post a Comment