Pages

Monday 23 June 2014

Post-Blizzard and Pre-Dawn of The Legion

So finally a free evening but not for long as some exams are ahead. Exams are part of life. I love to wait finish them and start wasting time. Anyway, I had a distinctive pleasure by attending Blizzard which was hosted by Metalhead Spotted guys and The Stormbringer. Really glad Seamedu (my college)  helped out for the gig. The gig took place on 14th of June at Rastafa. Its a wonderful place to chill out honestly. I don't often go to anywhere, I love being home all the time but by attending gigs I give my body a chance to be in this so called beautiful world.

I am trying to rectify this habit of getting late to the venue,I was lost also as all roads looks so similar. I could hear the bass beats though from unknown distance. So I missed Cruoris and Anarchy, I saw the Hammer Smashed Face cover in youtube which was badass, Click to check. When I reached Systemhouse 33 was setting up for their performances and when they began playing I was pulled back to Thrashfest memories. Tight set, groovy and my good time rolled in. Consecration played a good set. I must say after a long decade I have seen a band playing solos, breakdowns, amazing riffs all together in one song. Blame my recent love for Slam/Grindcore but it was fun. I did bought the EP but sadly couldn't get the poster (blame my tight budget). Existence Failed was pretty decent too though I was outside and missed their 80% of the set. I did caught up in the end, may be couple of songs. I have a habit of writing less about the band I enjoy most cause I paid some money to watch them. I don't want someone to get a bit of taste of it also by reading my experience. So SCEPTRE was EPIC. You should probably not miss them next time they are around.

Rakesh Oshwal clicked some amazing snaps, Click to check ! Among Live videos check out Systemhouse 33's performance here.

And I realized that Frameshift Initiative guys are back after a long time, which means another gig in a span of month and its quiet amazing to have back to back gigs in the town. Dawn of the Legion will take place on 12th July. Click to go to the event page and don't miss it. Sorry you can't give the excuse for living far as its happening somewhere around the main town. But I can say I live far as it will be hard to travel back to Balewadi at night. I am sick of walking 20 KM all the time.
So does that mean I am going to miss ? You crazy ? No ! 

That's it for now. I am tired and relaxed. Also sad that I missed Rolling Stone Metal Awards in order to complete the assignments. And Sanjeev, I am sad as you are for Gutslit. Now time to enjoy FIFA World Cup, Cheers. Sorry for the Argentina flag theme, I don't support them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment